Tuesday, February 24, 2009

work it, make it, do it, makes us harder, better, faster, stronger.

Happy Fat Tuesday.

Tomorrow, marks the beginning of lent, the most important part of the calender for the catholic faith. One aspect of lent is sacrifice, giving up something for the duration(40 some odd days) of lent until easter.

This year, I am planning on giving up meat (pork, beef and chicken), only able to eat fish and eggs. This will be tough, but i look forward to the challenge, for not only reasons of faith, but also for heath and fitness reasons too.

For the next 46 days I will use this blog to update you all on my progress and if infact, changing my diet will lead to to a different lifestyle.....


wish me luck and we willl see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. You make me feel guilty!

    Usually I give up coffee but this year seeing as I'm starting a brand new job this lent I wussed out and gave up french fries instead. I convinced myself that it would be just as hard - but it's really not. Also seeing as I now make most of my own meals it's easy to avoid as long as I don't chow down at the mall too often.

    How goes the no meat thing?

    ReplyDelete