Thursday, February 26, 2009

times are tough

Back in December, The company I work for started to feel the effects of the current economic climate, the layoffs began. One by one, people who I thought would never be let go all of a sudden were. The safe bubble my coworkers and I thought we had with the mighty corporation had popped, and the reality of job losses and uncertainty had settled in. Who was next? when will it end?

So Christmas came and I was still employed, new year, new beginning..... the layoffs are done and the company is ready to ride out the recession.


Today things changed.

We found out today that a company wide pay cut was to take effect in 30 days. not a large percentage but it was still enough to make people cringe. This recession had now hit us full effect and right square in the nose.

Lifestyles, habits, hobbies, needs and wants are now questioned. Brown Bagging lunches is in. That timmies every morning..... well do i really need it?

Sure, a pay cut will make things a bit tougher. Less disposable income, purchases and vacations may be put on hold, but in the end... if this is what it takes to save jobs, Yeah I am all for it.

I see my coworkers more than i see my beautiful finacee..... and well they are a great bunch of people, and I'd happily take a pay cut if it means them and myself still have a job tomorrow.


times are tough, but sometimes a wakeup call like this is exactly what you need.....


more on that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment