Thursday, March 19, 2009

Corporate culture.... ugh. *rant warning.

Can I just say I hate it!


Back in school, I used to think that when I grow up.... the school yard bullshit would end. Boy was I wrong. The school yard bullshit has now become the corporate bullshit for me. Cliques gossip and backstabbing...... what is this? Melrose place (okay .... Im sure there is more recent references, but this works...its late, gimme a break).

For me its gotten to the point where I question the sincerity of everything from greetings to conversations.
The way people ask you how your weekend went as an intro to a question..... like shit, just ask the question already shit.


The recession(ZOMG!!! the world is ending) is driving me nuts, okay I understand times are tough, the fucking media force feeds this to us on a day to day basis. But you don't need to bring up the topic following every discussion about the workload. "at least we have a job"- my favourite line.... yes we have jobs, no question about it, yes I am thankfull, but dont use that to force feed more work to me, or make it acceptable to be swamped and have to stay late to get things done.


and Finally...." well we have to do whats best for the company" I love this especialy since I am on the bottom of the pecking order.

Life is less important than work, nevermind your kids, activites, loved ones, unless your taking a course, the company takes priority.

The dedication some people have for work is amazing, they put their lives on hold it get things done...... unbelievable. Yes, I am guilty of this too, but some people take it to the next level. If I've learned anything through all this, its that no matter how much time and effort you put into the organization you work for, if they want to let you go, they will.


Life is too short to spend pencil pushing and at a desk or whatever you do, don't forget the things that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment